Are you tired of people telling you to “Think outside the box”? Wouldn’t it be more fun to design your own box (or one for our customers) and see it actually produced? If you would like this challenge this might be the opportunity for you. The Lawrence Paper Company is currently looking for a great addition to our Design team.
Lawrence Paper has been around for more than 120 years, but remain one of the most technologically advanced independent corrugated box companies in the country. This position is based in our Lawrence, KS headquarters office, serving customers across the midwest.
Here are the details:
Designer will create unique packages for customers that protect and display products in new and visually exciting ways. They develop specifications to ensure production success of approved designs. They support the sales staff by designing and producing box and display samples that can be used in client presentations. Designer will create both custom sized boxes and packaging and P-O-P displays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new artwork analyzing customer needs and production feasibility.
- Create viable, workable art for packages and/ or displays.
- Knowledge of, and comfort using, Windows and graphics software.
- Develop renderings of display concepts and designs for customer review using Solidworks and KeyShot.
- Support production in our digital print workflow.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on occasion to work with customers to identify solutions to packaging challenges.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintain good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College education or heavy college coursework in the field of computers, CAD, or applicable work experience.
- Good communicator with customers and sales staff.
- Work experience in a related field (corrugated, packaging, etc.).
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Skill in using graphics software programs like Adobe Creative Suite, KeyShot, and Solidworks
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
Sound interesting? We’d love to hear from you!
Lawrence Paper is an Equal Opportnity Employer.